Major General Mohammed Khalfan Al Romaithi, Chairman of the United Arab Emirates General Authority for Sports (GAS), and Deputy Chairman of Abu Dhabi Sports Council (ADSC), will inaugurate the first ever Leaders Sport Business Summit in Abu Dhabi.
The event, taking place at the Bab Al Qasr on the 30 – 31 of January 2019, with 350 local and international senior sports executives from over 20 countries attending the event in Abu Dhabi.
The United Arab Emirates General Authority for Sports (GAS) seeks, along with various national sports federations and other relevant bodies functioning under its umbrella, to enhance UAE society in general to perform sports activities, develop abilities, advance skills and enhance values.
Speakers of the Summit will include:
- Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, AFC
- Lord Sebastian Coe, President, IAAF
- Aarti Dabas, Head of Media Rights, International Cricket Council
- Keith Pelley, Chief Executive Officer, PGA European Tour
- Boutros Boutros, Divisional Senior Vice President, Emirates
- Paolo Bellino, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, RCS Sport
- Keith Harris, Deputy Chairman, Everton FC
- David Tyler, Chief Operating Officer, DDMC Fortis, and
- Peter Silverstone, Commercial Director, Arsenal FC
Currently, Abu Dhabi is the world’s top growing sport city. It well- known for hosting a number of the largest sporting events in the world, and it is the only Middle East city to host the global Sport Business Summit.
The summit reviews and discusses entertainment and sports industry allowing the opportunity to share inspirational learnings from industry experts in this new and fast growing market.
Speaking about this Summit, H.E. Major General Mohammed Khalfan Al Romaithi said: “We are so proud to host this summit here in Abu Dhabi. This event will be an added value to international sporting events taking place in Abu Dhabi, as all those prominent speakers and intentional sport leaders taking place will share their knowledge, experiences and ideas, and that will no doubt will have positive impact on the process of sport in the UAE.”
Al Romaithi assured they are so happy to host this summit coinciding with the AFC Asian Cup UAE (5 January to 1 February 2019) to reflect the ability of Abu Dhabi to host many world-class events at the same time, as for being a global hub and a capital of international sport, business and tourism events.