Sebastian Molano (Team UAE Emirates) has won Stage 4, the Dubai Stage of the 2023 UAE Tour, ahead of Olav Kooij (Jumbo-Visma) and Sam Welsford (Team DSM).
Remco Evenepoel (Soudal Quick-Step) meanwhile, has defended his General Classification lead and remains in the Red Jersey.
PROVISIONAL STAGE RESULT
1 - Sebastian Molano (Team UAE Emirates), 174km in 3h50’01”, average speed 45.388km/h
2 - Olav Kooij (Jumbo-Visma) s.t.
3 - Sam Welsford (Team DSM) s.t.
- Red Jersey, General Classification. Sponsor: International Holding Company
- Remco Evenepoel (Soudal Quick-Step)
- Green Jersey, Points Classification. Sponsor: BeIT - Olav Kooij (Jumbo-Visma)
- White Jersey, Young Rider Classification. Sponsor: Nakheel - Remco Evenepoel (Soudal Quick-Step)
- Black Jersey, Intermediate Sprint Classification. Sponsor: Experience Abu Dhabi - Edward Planckaert (Alpecin-Deceuninck)
1 - Remco Evenepoel (Soudal Quick-Step)
2 - Lucas Plapp (Ineos Grenaders) at 7"
3 - Pello Bilbao (Bahrain Victorious) at 11"
Speaking seconds after the finish, stage winner Sebastian Molano said: “This is a good victory for me and a good victory for the team, and I am very happy for everyone involved. This race is a great opportunity for me to show what I can do and I am happy I got my stage win today.”
Red Jersey holder Remco Evenepoel said: "It was a very special stage for me to be wearing the Red Jersey. In one day, we saw many of the major landmarks in Dubai, and it was a beautiful stage. It went well for me as well. My legs felt good after yesterday. We tried to win the stage with Tim Merlier but being in the leader’s jersey, I couldn’t take any risks in the lead out."
Press conference interviews and further details to follow.
To find out more about the UAE Tour, including details of the official race route, jerseys and sponsors, visit www.theuaetour.com